Land Rover has just released a new version of its renowned off-roading mobile app, Ardhi. The 5.0 version comes with newly added features, a revamped design and a new user friendly interface, in line with the latest mobile trends to uplift off-roaders’ experience while tracking and sharing uncharted routes.
Since its launch in Dec 2015, the application had more than 83,000 downloads, with over 650 active users during the past two months. The mobile app has been used to trace more than 3,300 paths around the region over the last 2 years.
Commenting on the release of the new 5.0 Ardhi Mobile App, Jaguar Land Rover Brand Director Hannah Naji said: “Since its launch in 2015, the Ardhi Mobile App has proved extremely successful among the off-road enthusiasts in the reign. We are excited now to announce the release of the updated 5.0 version which is a valuable tool to help all adventurers, whether experts or amateurs to explore and enjoy the region’s rich and diverse terrain.”
With smart phone penetration in the GCC amongst the highest in the world, premium SUV manufacturer Land Rover has combined its off-roading heritage and passion for innovation to create one of the first and most advanced social mobile application for off-road enthusiasts.
The app, known simply as ‘Ardhi in Arabic’ or ‘MYLAND, has been designed as an essential tool for regional off-roaders of any level to chart, save and share their off-roading adventures.
The 5.0 Ardhi Mobile App now comes with a whole host of new genuinely useful, engaging and fun features that set it apart from anything else on the market, and allows you to:
- Map and share your adventures with the world
- Pre-plan your trips form the convenience of your home, before going on an off-road adventure
- Create your own path from scratch or uploaded paths from other navigation device or simply choose existing off-roading paths
- Import and export paths in GPX and KML formats, mainly for users using any other navigation devices
- Join and interact with a growing community of local off-roaders, follow their news, like and comment on their latest adventures
- Record your path without using the internet
- Manage your phone battery consumption for longer past recording
- Use the SOS function at moments of inconvenience to get help from fellow Ardhi off-roaders
- Send SMS to off-roaders around you in case of internet connection issues
- Retrace and share your steps as you conquer Your Land, or take on paths created by other Ardhi users
The new Ardhi 5.0 Mobile App is part of Land Rover’s continuously evolving MYLAND regional creative communications platform, which celebrates the impact that Arab culture has had on today’s modern society.
Launched in 2014, MYLAND captures stories and unique content from a whole host of sources including Land Rover’s ‘Calligraphy Project’ film and installations, the ‘My Journey, My Inspiration’ film series as well as user generated tips, videos and photos. It also hosts the creative output from Land Rover’s collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment.
The Land Rover 5.0 Ardhi app is available to download now from Apple App Store for iOS smart Phones and from Google Play store for Android smart phones, and a handy video guide is also available to help users get started: Ardhi App YouTube. To find out more about the application, please visit the app’s new website.