Looking for a way to get cleaner, clearer skin? Look no further than your kitchen. There are multiple studies out there that show what you eat and don’t eat can have a huge impact on your skin so we have come up with some do’s and don’ts for a clear skin diet.
Clear Skin Diet Do’s:
• Eat Whole Grains – fiber rich foods and grains help stop inflammation caused by acne, balance your blood sugar and keep insulin from spiking. All great for your skin. Try grains like millet and quinoa.
• Eat your veggies – Leafy green vegetables work wonders on your skin due to their high content of anti-oxidants and inflammation fighting properties.
• Drink Green Tea – Green Tea has numerous health benefits and is commonly associated with good health and anti-aging. Brew your own green tea and go easy on the sugar.
• Eat Fish – Load up on your omega 3 fatty acids. Oily fish found in cold water like salmon, sardines and mackerel are packed full of anti-inflammatory docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid. Translation: They should be a staple in your clear skin diet.
Clear Skin Diet Don’ts:
• Eat Refined Sugar – Refined sugar found in candy, soda and other processed goodies spike your blood sugar. Which can in turn makes your body produce excess insulin which leads to blocked pores and inflammation.
• Drink Milk – If you want to go on a Clear Skin Diet you should eliminate dairy altogether. The hormones in milk are what are believed to be the main offender in acne production. Try using an alternative such as almond, soy or coconut milk.
• Use vegetable oil – Vegetable oils contain fatty acids that can promote inflammation which can cause your cells to lump together and clog pores. Avoid corn sesame, and sunflower oils if you have acne prone skin.